.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

So many lawyers, so little time...

"The prospect of hanging focuses the mind wonderfully"--Samuel Johnson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, KY, United States

Gastroenterologist, cyclist, cellist, Christian, husband, father, grandfather.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Catching up

I'm back due to popular demand, as defined by one of my daughters (I'm not sure which) and all the person who thinks that, based on careful demographic study, my reader(s) would be interested in male enhancement products.

Mostly I've been too tired to post. On weekends I undertake epic mountain biking journeys which leave me so exhausted that it takes several days to recover to where I can get back out on the bike again. I've been pleasantly surprised; although the only way I can get as good as I'd like is to quit my day job (the defenders of the Public Trust will do everything they can to help out, I'm sure), I have gotten quite a bit better over the last several months.

This weekend my son and I returned to one the first trails we had ridden, a trail riddled with huge roots, rocks, and abrupt Plutonian descents. It is a trail my son had not wanted to travel because it has a reputation of being a hang-out for Folks Who Are Just Like Us, Except That Dark Genetics Forces Over Which They Have No Control Compel Them To perform Oral Sex On Each Other In Broad Daylight In A Public Park (otherwise known as FWAJLUETDGFOWTHNCCTTPOSOEOIBDIAPP).

I'm so ashamed. I've done my best to teach my son about the wonders of Tolerance and Diversity and that the revulsion he experiences over watching men perform oral sex on each other in public places is nothing more than cultural bias. I've obviously failed. I have half a mind to send him to public school where they can properly condition him.

It took a lot of assurances that I personally had never seen any couple so much as read poetry to each other there before I could coax him on to the trail. As beautiful a day as it was, we encountered very little traffic: one trail runner, two mountain bikers, and a bevy of beautiful young women, all of whom had cool-looking tattoos on the back of their right shoulders and were walking angry-looking dogs.

As for the trail, we discovered that with several months of conditioning and gear upgrades, it was no problem to ride up to an imposing obstacle, hop off the bike, deftly lift it up with one arm, and drag it down the trail to safer climes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Bailey, M.D. said...

It has occured to me that if I weighed a little less it might be easier to get up some of those hill.

Thank you for your kind words!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weighing less doesn't equal having better luck biking up a hill. Unfortunately.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

DHMO.org